Friday, August 21, 2009

the world's biggest food crisis

exactly in 2hrs i am giving up food for 40hrs for World Vision's 40hr Famine and i do wish mom would rush to my place to pick me up to go out and eat! LOL i want a nice meal before i starve myself for 2days :D have been running around school pestering teachers and students to sponsor me. i've raised about 85$ so far and shall raise more, feeling fair proud of myself :) my mother even competed with my aunty as my aunty had given me ten, when i turned to ask my mom, she was like 'I'LL BEAT YOUR AUNTY AND I'LL GIVE YOU 20$!' naws, my mother's the best ♥ 

i really love charity work, it makes me feel really good about myself after as i was able to make a difference even if it was something very small. it's heartbreaking to know that there are other kids who are my age or younger who have to go to bed everynight hungry, whiles there's ice cream, migoreng, rice etc in my kitchen downstairs =\ i do recommend you readers to give the 40hr Famine a go. you dont have to give up food, you could always give up technology or furniture or whatever you want for 40hrs. there's always next yr, do something REAL :D

you know you love me, xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Hey Vee! Good luck with 40 Hour Famine :) I'd participate except nobody would sponsor me haha :(. Anyway, yes I'm giving up Design... Mainly because I can't be bothered anymore. Last semester was HELL because... it was boring and kinda stressful since I didn't do anything until 5 mins before it was due :/ You're taking it next year aren't you? You're a much better designer :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, I didn't sleep for 20 hours :D So that's my 20hr famine. And today, I'm going to sleep with no blanket, bed, etc. I'm gonna sleep on the floor :D Noone's sponsoring me though. haha. Have fun without food. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, hope it went well!
    ive tagged you for a blog award on my page :) xx

    ReplyDelete